I have made made these zucchini fries a few times over the months and I like them more and more every time I make them. They are crispy, light and flaky. I have them as a quick brunch when I want to start my day off right. It only requires a few ingredients and will be a fabulous side to any meal.
1 large zucchini, peeled and sliced or use a fry cutter for perfect fries.
1/4 cup rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch or tapioca starch
4 tbs cup coconut oil, plus 1/2 cup olive oil for frying
1/4 tsp. Each Salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder
1. Mix flour, starch, salt, pepper, garlic powder in a large bowl.
2. Cut and rinse zucchini in cold water.
3. Put oil into a deep pot on medium to high heat.
4. Coat the zucchini fries in the flour mixture.
5. Dust off the excess flour.
6. Fry on medium-high heat until golden.
7. Sprinkle with a little salt