This simple yet insanely delicious recipe is so easy to make you won't want takeout. Why settle for greasy, unhealthy Chinese takeout when all you need are some vegetables, a couple of eggs and cooked rice and you can enjoy this awesome fried rice recipe, ready in no time. It's a wonderful mid week meal that makes using up left over rice a healthy, delicious meal.
- 3 scallions, or 1 small onion sliced
- 2 large eggs, beaten (leave out of vegan)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1 cups sliced snow peas
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms or broccoli
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1 8-ounce package baked tofu, diced (meat)
- 5 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- Heat a large skillet, wok or pan over high heat. Coat the bottom with a little oil. Add eggs; cook, without stirring, until fully cooked on one side, about 30 seconds. Flip and cook until just cooked through, about 15 seconds, break up with a fork. Set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to the wok (or pan) along with the scallions, ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring, until the scallions have softened.
- Add snow peas and bell pepper, cook stirring until just tender, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and soy sauce to pan. Heat, add rice and tofu rice to the pan, cook stirring until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Return the vegetables and eggs to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes stirring frequently.
Serve hot. Keep in fridge for up to 2 days.
Serving size: 1½ cups
Per serving: 371 calories; 16 g fat(3 g sat); 4 g fiber; 39 g carbohydrates; 18 g protein; 69 mcg folate; 93 mg cholesterol; 6 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1,972 IU vitamin A; 81 mg vitamin C; 176 mg calcium; 4 mg iron; 653 mg sodium; 349 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (135% daily value), Vitamin A (39% dv), Iron (22% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 2½
Exchanges: 2 medium-fat protein, 1½ fat, 1½ starch