The following is geared towards people who want to try out a ketogenic diet and just want to quickly know what they should and shouldn’t do. No confusing science or lengthy explanations here, only 15 easy guidelines to kick-start your keto journey.
How strictly the guidelines are followed is entirely up to you, but if you follow them fully you can be assured you’ll be eating for your body and greatly improve your long term health and well being. If you want more details, feel free to contact Salisha for your in-depth ketogenic diet protocol.
Low Carb Foods
- Healthy Fats & Oils: Coconut oil, butter, lard & bacon fat, olive oil, avocados, fish oil, flaxseed, chia seed
- All Meats
- All Fish & Seafood
- Vegetables: Spinach, broccoli, mushrooms, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, spaghetti squash, etc.
- Eggs: Free-range, organic is best
- Full-fat Dairy: Cheeses, unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, heavy cream, yogurt, butter
- Nuts and Seeds (in small amounts): Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, cashews, sunflower seeds.
- Berries (in small amounts): Blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, lemons, limes
- Sweeteners: Erythritol, stevia, Truvia, xylitol.
- Protein Shakes
- Vegetable Juices (freshly squeezed and unsweetened)
- Carbonated water
- Erythritol/stevia-sweetened beverages