Who doesn't like crispy hash browns!? We created this recipe just in time for mother's day this year. These has browns make a wonderful breakfast or a quick snack between meals. They are gluten-free and can be made vegan with a couple of simple steps.
Healthy and delicious.
No preservatives or artificial ingredients
You can even take these to work or wherever you go. Just wrap them up and keep in a tight tupper ware container. Serve with a bit of honey, ketchup, hummus, avocado dip or sour cream. It's truly up to you!
You can also chop any vegetable and add it to the batter, the more the merrier and healthier. Let's make these bad boys.
(Add meat, cheese, tofu, vegetables to make these unique to your taste or diet needs)
2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and grated
1/4 cup gluten-free flour
1 small carrot, grated [OR broccoli, spinach, peppers, etc.]
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 egg yolk [ OR keep it vegan with a flax egg: 1tsp flax and 2 tsp water]
1/4 or more Olive oil for frying
1/4 cup nut milk
4 tbs Cheese of your choice, grated [vegan cheese works too]
1. Peel and use a cheese grater or processor to grate potatoes.
2. Rinse with cold water and squeeze the potatoes until it's as dry as possible.
3. Add to a large bowl and add all other ingredients.
4. Mix well until it resembles chunky pancake batter if it's stiff add more nut milk.
5. Heat oil on medium heat.
6. Spoon one large spoon of batter into the oil, gently flatten with the back of a spoon.
7. Fry on both sides for about 2 mins each.
Serve hot or freeze for up to 10 days.