Have you ever tried an authentic sweet potato pudding? Well here is your chance! This recipe is simple and so delicious its one of my favorites ever since I was a little girl in the Caribbean. Reminds me of being in Grenada and waiting for my grandma to make it for us.
Its also nutritious as its mostly just sweet potato but remember it tastes so much better and is more authentic with purple sweet potatoes and not those orange yams we all call sweet potatoes! Haha!
Well enjoy and let me know if you love it as much as I do.
- 3 cups chopped, peeled purple sweet potatos
- 4 tbs rice or gluten free flour
- 3 tbs shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup milk (nut milk)
- 3 large eggs
- Peel off the skin of the potatoes
- Wash then grate or put in blender with water and blend until smooth. (Add eggs if it's too stiff and blend again)
- Add coconut and blend again.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Add flour, mixed spice (raisins etc),salt, nutmeg, ginger and cinnamon.
- Add sugar and oil, mix well.
- Grease a deep baking pan, sprinkle a little sugar and flour on bottom of pan.
- Pour in batter, bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes OR until done. Should be golden brown around the edges and slightly firm. Refrigerate for better taste and to make it easy to slice.