Simply Divine Lemon Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
You Can Make These Gluten Free And Low Carb By Using Almond Flour Or With Rice Flour And Starch.
Try sprinkles, lemon zest, mini chocolate chips, cocoa powder less some flour etc...the possibilities are endless!
I like them plain and buttery..
So I love pies! Haha I know what you are thinking, "I didn't come here for pie!" Well rest assured this is a cookie recipe.
Inspired by one of my delicious apple pies I make from scratch (recipe coming soon...)These are one of my family's most loved cookie recipes, and I make a lot of cookies! Being as they are gluten free and can be totally low carb, they are a treat worth having.
I really appreciate a plain buttery cookie once in a while. No chocolate, no fancy nuts or filling. Just a sweet, crunchy cookie with a flavor that takes you back to childhood. That is why we enjoy shortbread so much!
The buttery, flaky and snappy crunch make these cookies especially heavenly. Not to mention they are super simple to make and freeze up nicely for a quick treat anytime!
So, to the recipe we go.
- 6 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup sugar or sweetener
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1. Melt butter, add all other ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
[To make a crunchy pie crust, press dough into pie plate. Bake for 12 minutes]
2. Roll onto parchment paper or saran wrap and firmly roll into a log.
3. Refrigerate for 20 minutes. Let it sit at room temp for 5 minutes.
4. Slice into 1 inch thick cookies
5. Bake on greased cookie sheet for 11 to 14 minutes or until they are golden on the edges.
6. Allow cookies to cool for a couple minutes before removing from cookoe sheet.
*Store in airtight container in the fridge.
*Dough can be frozen for months until ready to use.
Add a comment